Coronavirus Hotel Policy, Updates, and News
Dear guest, we at Evita Hotels would like to take some of your valuable time to talk about and share our routines and procedures regarding guest health and safety in relation to COVID-19. The information provided is to help you understand and answer any questions you may have before arriving during your holidays with us. Please note it is the guest’s responsibility to be advised by their travel agent, which Covid-19 test they will have to take before their departure returning to their home country. All PLF details are still provided for our guests in the “about us” section for your reference. After reading the below updates and policies and you still have any other questions, you can send us your queries directly to “firstname.lastname@example.org“.
Summer Season 2022 Updates Status
Due to the current updated 2022 status concerning the Coronavirus and Global Health Regulations, all guests either vaccinated or unvaccinated will have to abide by your flight policies and safety regulations before boarding your flight for your holiday from your home country before arriving in Greece. We welcome guests who are vaccinated and unvaccinated this summer season of 2022, and we appreciate that all guests will be once again social distancing and avoiding crowds while holidaying alongside us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rhodes Island and to our Evita Hotels & Resorts once again this summer season of 2022.
Our City Hotels Evita Asty Hotel, Amphitryon Hotel, and Butterfly Hotel still remain open for any traveling guests coming to Athens and/or Rhodes, Greece. The Evita Asty Hotel and the Amphitryon Hotel have successfully implemented and are following the Greek Ministry of Health Covid-19 protocols up to this very day with great success. At all of the Evita Hotels, we are continuously monitoring the development of COVID-19 around the world and the parts of Greece where we operate our hotels and resorts. Our number one priority is the well-being, health, and safety of our guests and team members. In order to secure this, we have set up procedures, plans, and routines in place, so that all of our guests are safe & can feel more relaxed when visiting our hotels.
The first step we have adhered to is enhanced “transmission barriers” which have adapted our operations, modified employee practices, and redesigned common areas and public spaces to help protect employees and customers. We aim to follow the guidelines of local health authorities and act according to our set-up routines and procedures in the event of a case of COVID-19 at any of our hotels. Our team members are trained to handle situations that may occur at our hotels and we have confidence in their abilities. It is our wish and we hope that guests understand and respect the efforts and policies put in place for everyone’s safety and wellbeing during these difficult times.
Our guidance through these protocols and health regulations reflects the essential role we all must play to help promote the health and safety of our guests and employees. However, no specific Hotel can overcome this challenge alone. Our guests also have a greater responsibility yet again this year. Guests must adopt these new travel practices and follow our science-based guidelines to help protect the health of their families and those around them, including fellow travelers and hotel employees.
Hygiene and Cleanliness are always prioritized at the Evita Hotels. We also emphasize the importance of good hand hygiene based on recommendations from local health authorities. We have strict hand hygiene policies for our team members before eating or preparing food and after using the bathroom. We also encourage guests and their families and loved ones to frequently wash their hands with soap and warm water.
What we do at Evita Hotels for securing the safety of our guest:
- We follow the guidelines and recommendations of local authorities
- All Evita Hotels have been provided with information about COVID-19 and management instructions
- Increased focus on hand hygiene at all of our Resorts and Hotels
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols
- Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals, and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids
- Offer disinfectant dispensers in public areas to our guests
- Observance of the protocols and enhanced procedures for dealing with colleagues who are ill
Security precautions that anyone can take to protect themselves and others from COVID-19:
- Frequent hand washing
- Have hand disinfection ready
- Avoid unnecessary hand contact
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth, and nose
- Cover the mouth with the elbow when coughing and sneezing
- Keep at least one meter away from coughing or sneezing persons
Our enhanced sanitation procedures assert and establish a policy that includes more frequent hand-washing by all employees, more frequent sanitizing of high-touch services, and the distribution of hand sanitizers in public and common areas.
What is expected from our guests this summer season 2022:
- Guests are to be social distancing at all times and be courteous to this fact.
- Masks can be taken off when eating and drinking at our buffet and snack areas.
- Gloves, Masks, and sanitizing your hands are mandatory before serving yourselves.
- Masks are to be worn at all times unless you are adhering to social distancing protocols.
- Parents are responsible for their children and should help them at the buffet and snack areas.
- The use of hand sanitizers is mandatory while entering and exiting common areas.
We have also modified our business hours to perform additional disinfection measures. Our check-in time has now been altered from 14:00 pm to 15:00 pm, and also the check-out time has now changed from 12:00 pm to 11:00 am as per the Greek Ministry of Health regulations. These changes have been done to promote technological innovations that will help protect our employees and guests from the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Our established procedures and checklists for when employees or guests test positive for Covid-19 are also for the safety of our guests during the summer season. These procedures are in line with guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) alongside the Greek Ministry of Health regulations and protocols.